Pfx password

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:33 PM
In the source code there is a pfx certificat file that is included in the source.  My solution will not compile without the password to this file.

Should I simply replace the existing pfx file with my own?
Feb 12, 2009 at 2:11 PM
DevilDog74, have you manged to get arround this issue? I'm in the same boat.
Feb 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Yes, here is what I did.

-- For each project that uses the pfx file go into project properties and uncheck the "Sign Assembly" check box.
-- Replace all explicit public key references from the .addin files with PublicKey=null

The xml element below shows how I changed one of the public key token elements for the DocumentInspector addin.

a:Assembly path="PackageExplorer.AddIns.DocumentInspector, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />

Another thing to keep in mind is that this project uses addins heavily.  So the creator of the project has hacked up each project so that its build output directory just so happens to build all the addins into the bin directory of the shell application (projectexplorer.csproj). 

The last thing that was very bizzare, is that the Core projet uses RC.exe in the prebuild events.  I had to change this path to...
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\RC.Exe" /r "$(ProjectDir)StartPage.rc"

Does this answer your question?

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Edited Nov 18, 2009 at 9:59 AM

-- For each project that uses the pfx file go into project properties and uncheck the "Sign Assembly" check box.
-- Replace all explicit public key references from the .addin files with PublicKey=null

Thank you